I’m happy to report the NRC is about to unveil the most significant update to our Website in 10 years. NRC.gov will switch to its new design and functionality on midnight this Friday. We’ll troubleshoot over the weekend and make the formal announcement of the new and improved site on Monday.
The redesigned site has better navigation, content and accessibility. Our goal is to make it easier and quicker for users to find the information they want. We consider this redesign an important part of our ongoing support for the goal of openness, transparency and public outreach.
Many of the upgrades and changes reflect public input that we got through online surveys, interviews and focus groups. Some important changes or additions:
• Reporting a safety concern is prominently located on the home page;
• Rotating slides on the home page highlight major areas of interest;
• A new interactive calendar allows quick access to the latest NRC public meetings;
• A new “Spotlight” replaces the Key Topics on the home page, and now is available on each page of the site; and
• Consistent navigation in the header and footer areas aids users in moving through the site.
Please visit the improved NRC.gov and then let us know with your comments here what you think.Darren Ash Chief Information Officer