Yes, it’s true – the NRC has just unveiled an even better ADAMS. The NRC’s Agencywide Documents Access and Management System, which is available from our website, now boasts a number of enhancements – some implemented directly as a result of public input.
We’ve been making continuous improvements and our latest enhancements include a new “content search” feature for searching words either in documents or in index information. Other enhancements include the:
• Ability to display up to 500 search results.
• Ability to save a search as a web link and then use it again to find your frequently requested documents.
• Ability to export a list of documents as hypertext markup language (HTML) or as a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
• Ability to access search-specific folders by right-clicking on the folder or using the “Advanced Search” tab.
• Ability to more easily modify a saved search by changing your search criteria.
ADAMS is an online library that includes all the agency’s publicly available documents as well as a Public Legacy Library that has entries for 2 million older NRC documents stored on microfiche or in paper form.
If you have questions about any of the new search features or you need help to develop an effective search, the reference librarians in our Public Document Room are available to assist.
We hope you find the new search capabilities easier to use and we welcome your feedback via comments to this post.Margie Janney Deputy Director, Information and Records Services Division
6 thoughts on “An easier-to-use ADAMS: You asked, we acted”
seems to be a useful tool. It really does make life easier!!
The ability to display up to 500 search results is a great improvement, it’s one a personally wanted.
Excellent post. I’ve been looking around on the internet for this kind of information, and I’m glad I landed on this blog.
The added ability to save a search as a web link and come back to it is great. That would be extremely helpful if you were doing ongoing research.
Wow!! The new ADAMS update is great. I love how I can now export documents to excel, this make my life a lot easier. Thank you
Any update to the ADAMS system is a step in the right direction!
Comments are closed.